[LargeFormat] a nice lens for 11x14

Jim Hemenway largeformat@f32.net
Tue Jan 20 13:46:56 2004

Hi Les:

Thanks.  That person lives only about 7-10 miles away from me.  I
learned about that lens several months ago, and I think that it was on
this list.

For awhile I was very interested in getting an ultra wide lens for the
11x14 and had looked into the Grandagon 200 and the Super Angulon 210.
But what I found was that unlike using a 19mm on my SLR, a comparable
UWA on the 11x14 doesn't seem to give the same results, that is, the way
in which straight lines/edges are rendered.  PLUS, I don't have enough
money to spend on a $3,000 to $7,500 used lens.

So.... I'm comfortable with the 13 inch Protar and the 360 mm Symmar-S
for now, at least until I get rich.

Jim - http://www.hemenway.com