[LargeFormat] Hand Luggage UK Airports - Suggestions?

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Sat Jan 3 07:50:05 2004

At 5:59 pm -0800 2/1/04, john frost wrote:
>Clive:
>
>I put all the camera kit (the red backpack, no padding)into checked
>luggage, inside a standard luggage bag. It was too heavy for
>carry-on. The only thing I had in carry-on was two bags of film,
>which they x-rayed and checked for explosives, then hand inspected.
>The film was 13 lbs. in two cloth satchels.
>
>The bag I puchased for carry-on was 9 lbs empty! I had to send it as
>checked, even tho empty!!
>
>john (:>))) The tripod went into the clothing bag that was in checked luggage.

John,

This may be the way forwards - I could also pack the backpack in hold
luggage. The problem with this approach is that my Tenba bag is big
and you could not pack much inside it in the way of clothes etc.

The rolling backpack from Lowepro looks interesting:

http://www.lowepro.com/pages/series/rolling/rolling.htm