[LargeFormat] Re: rainbows, was R O Y G B I V

Vincent Dobson largeformat@f32.net
Fri Dec 12 08:10:34 2003

OUCH,

Stay away from that computer Vinnie the analog guy says.  People have been
taking beautiful pictures of rainbows for years - yes before Photoshop was
invented.  So if you want to just create a picture (as opposed to
photographing it) why not just paint one or just buy, steal or borrow
someone else's.  That is the same --- of you rely on someone else's talent
(the program creator) to get the picture you want.

If you just want the picture - get someone else's, if you want the
satisfaction of creating a beautiful photograph of one, practice, bracket,
after waiting for a beautiful rainbow or create a subject for practice with
the water hose.

I've certain pictures in my mind that I've been waiting years to capture
when the light and conditions are perfect for the rendering I envision.  I
could render that vision tomorrow via Photoshop, but to me the Art is in the
journey, not just in the destination.

Philip, this is certainly not an attack on you, only  chance for me to
express views and principal based work ethic I feel very passionate about.
If you succeeded in the picture you envision via both methods, which method
would give you the most feeling of accomplishment and pride?  Ponder that
and react accordingly.

Vince Dobson
Visions In Nature
www.VisionsInNature.com