[LargeFormat] (was Anguloning ) wideangle lenses and Linhof recesses

philip lambert largeformat@f32.net
Wed Dec 3 10:42:04 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Vincent Dobson" <manitec@bellsouth.net>
To: <largeformat@f32.net>
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2003 2:19 PM
Subject: RE: [LargeFormat] (was Anguloning ) wideangle lenses and Linhof
recesses

> That would be some thin plywood!  Perhaps available at a large model
making
> supply store if anyone else wants to try it.

I get it in sheets from the model shop that sells little aircraft etc. I
sort through what they have to get a fine grain surface and a suitable
thickness. I take a digital caliper sometimes. They also sell matt black
etc, glue and small hand tools for cutting. However the Japanese make
excellent saws for cutting straight lines. Circles are something else.
 I have made a lot of little Century Graphic boards from layers in different
sizes to cover the Century lens aperture and occupy the light trap behind.
I make flat "Sinar" boards quite quickly.  Finding a real metal Sinar panel
with the correct size hole takes time and if you need ten it takes cash.
PL