[LargeFormat] FW: Found: Nikkor LF website

Michael Briggs largeformat@f32.net
Fri Nov 21 21:08:11 2003

On 22-Nov-2003 Jim Brick wrote:
> At 06:06 PM 11/21/2003 -0700, Tim Atherton wrote:
>>Someone just found this over on the LF list...
>>
>>http://www.europe-nikon.com/category.aspx?countryId=20&languageId=22&catId=1
>>48
>

> That is so cool! I've been looking for that, on and off, for the past few
> years.
>
> I wonder why it is "europe-nikon.com" ? I've never found it on the main
> Nikon site, US or Japan.
>
> Are these German lenses in Nikon clothing?

No.

Nikon seems to have distributors in several parts of the world that operate
semi-independently.  For some reason the European distributer has finally done
the work of providing this information.

The info has been available in paper form from Nikon USA, and unofficially on
the web courtesy of Carey Bird at
http://homepages.tig.com.au/~cbird/nikkor/niklf.html.    I think it has been on
the Japanese language portion of the Nikon Japan website, but that site is
difficult to understand and even to navigate for someone who doesn't speak the
language.

--Michael