[LargeFormat] OT: Ireland, Dublin in April, what can one expect?

Vincent Dobson largeformat@f32.net
Tue Nov 18 22:28:32 2003

I'm watching for this reply also.  It's my dream to go there in the Spring.

Are you flying??  If so, how? re: film in x-ray scanning and thievery of
your camera gear.  I always thought I would have to carry everything I took
gear and film wise due to lower dose x-ray on the carry-on and risk of
thieves in checked luggage.

I was resigned to pull out my old 35mm stuff for my trip but would love the
thought of having my beloved Tachihara's in 4x5 and 8x10 with their common
and unique lens to give me coverage from 65mm to 800mm.  But I've thought -
why - when I could get the same range with three zoom lens on my 35.  I'm
not preaching 35mm here and I've not even taken a single shot with my 35
since I started large format work in 1999, but given the problems and
logistics I was considering reverting to it for my trip.

Vince Dobson
Visions In Nature
www.VisionsInNature.com