[LargeFormat] OT: UK, Lake District, January, what can one expect?

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Tue Nov 18 18:40:28 2003

At 23:39 18/11/2003 +0100, Huib Smeets wrote:
>Dear Friends of the larger format,
>
>I ""tad"" off-topic, I know, my excuses for this.
>
>What will the lake district (UK) be like in January? Snow? Frozen Lakes?
>Or will the weather be mild under the influences the Irisch sea?
>
>Would you say a definitive "Ney" to traveling there in January because
>your b.t freezes off, roads are closed, sites not accesseble, etc etc?

Huib,

Definitely on topic!

January is probably the coldest month of the year in the Lake District,
plenty of snow and day time temperatures will probably not go above freezing.

Travelling around will be limited depending on conditions.  It would not be
my first choice of locations for LF photography that time of the year.