[LargeFormat] Rites of passage

Vincent Dobson largeformat@f32.net
Sun Nov 16 10:28:43 2003

Brock said (about the fence shot)::

:> popped the flash a few times.  I
:>set the flash based on my aperture, film speed and estimated distance to
:>the subject, then just tried it a few times.<<<<

I've done the same type shot (which I will try some more), but with a full
Moon and illuminating my subject with a flashlight, painting until I felt I
had enough.<<<<

 so I shot the moon later and printed the two images onto
:>the same sheet, with a little masking, dodging and burning.
:>
:>I'm glad to see that you accomplished this "non-digitally" I've thought to
do the same thing with mine, but I would have the problem of the Moon
illumination not matching the Moon location unless I was able to set up the
shot just right with the actual Moon just out of frame on the side I
intended to ad the moon later.

Your shot has inspired me to get back out there and try it again.

Vince Dobson
Visions In Nature
www.VisionsInNature.com