[LargeFormat] Karsh camera? (a tad OT by now)

Brock Nanson largeformat@f32.net
Sat Nov 15 23:34:39 2003

David Swinnard wrote:

>>see:
>>

>>>http://wave.prohosting.com/~gurton/blog/archives/voiceoffire.html
>>>
>>>The Canadian government paid almost 1.8 *million* dollars of our tax
>>>

>As I recall (correct me if I'm wrong, those of you with longer memories for this sort of thing) that it wasn't a flag, but a painted piece of plywood.

I believe you're right.  As I recall, a disgruntled Saskatchewan farmer
painted the same thing, but only 75% of the size.  He took it to the
gallery and asked (via the media I expect) for 75% of the price of the
original 'voice of fire', because his was only 75% of the size.  Some
where I saw an item suggesting our government should have an appointed
'Senseperson', to be a scrutineer of government actions and ensure the
public that common sense prevailed.  I reckon he'd be run off his
feet... it'd likely take two of them for every one politician to have a
chance at succeeding! ;-)

Brock