[LargeFormat] Rites of passage

Richard Knoppow largeformat@f32.net
Wed Nov 5 21:10:01 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Brick" <jbrick@elesys.net>
To: <largeformat@f32.net>
Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2003 5:34 PM
Subject: Re: [LargeFormat] Rites of passage

> At 08:15 PM 11/5/2003 -0500, LNphoto wrote:
>
> >Green or brown you should have realized photo graphing M1
Abrams, Bradleys
> >or even a lowly HmV would invite trouble.
>

> I have to agree with this.
>
> It would have invited trouble even before 9-11.
>
> I found out the hard way, in 1992, that one needs the
commander's
> (overseeing the equipment) permission in order to
indiscriminantly
> photograph military hardware. I also found that it was not
difficult
> getting the required permission. After that, shoot up a
storm!

> Jim

  Around here "huge green tanks" contain water. Lots of them
on the hill sides and at a small pumping station not far
from here.
  Photographing tank-tops can also get you in trouble,
depending on who's in them.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA