[LargeFormat] Eskofot Ultragon

Richard Knoppow largeformat@f32.net
Sun Oct 26 15:34:50 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "LNphoto" <LNphoto@twmi.rr.com>
To: <largeformat@f32.net>
Sent: Sunday, October 26, 2003 11:08 AM
Subject: Re: [LargeFormat] Eskofot Ultragon

wrote:
> > I bought a 4x5 Graphmatic yesterday at a photo show for
$60.00. I
> > don't know whether or not that's a good price but bought
it anyway.
> > It's going to be a nice convenience for me when using my
4x5 Graphlex
> > SLR
>
> Jim,
>
> Since you own a Graflex SLR I assume you know the
difference between a
> "45 Graphic" and a "45 Graflex"  Grafmatic.  If its for a
Graflex, then
> $60 was a good deal.
>
> On the same subject, but a totally useless bit of
triva...the inventor
> the Grafmatic originally designed it for 3x4 film.  It
took Graflex
> about 3 years to make in manufacturable, and then they
skipped 3x4 and
> went from 2x3 to 4x5.
>
> Les

  It was a steal! I didn't realize in my last post that this
was for a Graflex, not a Graphic. Graflex holders and
accessories have become rarer than hen's teeth. $60 even for
a Graphic Grafmatic is cheap.
  My Super-D has a Graflok back on it so I don't have to
worry about finding holders.
  While there are the same dimentions Graflex holders will
not fit into a Graflok. One of the main differences between
the two types is that Graphic type backs (including the
Graflok) have the lockihng ridge on the holder and the
corresponding groove on the back. Graflex holders are the
opposite having the groove on the holder and the ridge on
the camera side.
  Graflex holders and accessories (like roll film adaptors)
are thicker and have a deep groove along the sides for the
sliding lock strips to engage.
  BTW, be careful of banquet cameras. Some Korona cameras
have their lock ridges on the camera side, opposite of most
other spring back cameras.