[LargeFormat] A rich mans hobby!

Vincent Dobson largeformat@f32.net
Fri Oct 24 08:42:05 2003

Ouch!

This underscores one thing I've noticed.  While it seems like everyone is
"going digital", I've seen tremendous growth (especially last two years) in
large format users and especially in those interested in Alt-Processes.
From about 3 years up until about 1 year ago large format stuff was dropping
in price (Ebay), but it seems large format stuff has changed and it's going
back up in price, especially in the "LARGE" large format stuff.   There also
seems to be a lot more suppliers cropping up (like the link I sent you),
supplying things that were previously available.

As far as buying stuff, if you are like me, sell something to buy it (like
those cameras you don't use).  If one looked at my eBay feedback one would
see only B's beside my name (buyer) I must start putting mostly S's now.  I
have 5 large format cameras, only 2 of which I use.

If I start contacting B&W's, I know I will be next looking to buy a 11x14
camera - then the whole process starts again.

Vince Dobson
Visions In Nature
www.VisionsInNature.com