[LargeFormat] Shutter Release Cables

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Thu Oct 23 20:48:05 2003

At 16:46 23/10/2003 -0700, Alan Davenport wrote:

>>I hardly ever use a cable release, (real men don't need em, you know).
>>But when I DO USE a release on my Alphax, the one in which Steve Grimes
>>mounted the 210mm Eskofot, I'm able to use a tapered cable release.
>
>I'll second Jim's recommendation:  I have an Alphax #4 which is very happy
>with a tapered release.

I'll start working out and avoid quiche ;-)

The cables are intended for #5 shutters and although I'm sure a long throw
tapered thread release cable would work I'm more concerned about the long
term effect of using them on the parallel threaded shutter connection. It
seems as though I may not have much choice unless the right cables turn up.
As for use of cables - the only time they don't get used is when there is
no shutter....

Just read your comment about the Alphax - but that's now a different thread.