[LargeFormat] Removing black spots from prints

Huib Smeets largeformat@f32.net
Wed Oct 15 18:00:50 2003

Don,

Bleaching and spotting is an option, but it is, at least for me, too
troublesome.

I first tried to tackle this problem by making duplicate exposures but
that halved the number of photograhps I could take.

I solved the problem through start using Readyloads, I left FP4 and
started to use Tmx. Not a single spot since I started using them.
Secondly it quasi 10 folded the number of photographs I could take on a
trip.

Hey, but to return to your question: my experience is that fiber can be
spotted better than RC (less obvious). Never try to match density in one
layer, built up density with a stippling action, layer over layer.
Finish: To make it less visible moisten the spotted area slightly with
some steam generated from a water cooker, spottone and gelatine will
merge.

Huib