[LargeFormat] cost of scanning question

Georges Giralt largeformat@f32.net
Mon Oct 13 08:58:03 2003

Hi !
Have you had a look at the Epson 3200 scanner ?
In its photo incarnation, i think it is able to scan above 3200 dpi, and
will scan the 4x5 negs. If the info I've got is right it is bindeled
with a "light" version of Silverfast softwar, which make me regret
having a 2450 photo...
But, a flatbed is not a film scanner, so you'd better try to see if it
suits your needs before buying ! (look for the local Epson rep. They
offered me an one hour access to a 2450 when I was wondering if I'll buy
one, because spec sheets where false in France, inches conversion was
not done right, so the ability to scan 4x5 was not obvious)
Hope this helps !