[LargeFormat] Contact frame

LNphoto largeformat@f32.net
Wed Oct 8 09:52:02 2003

Many years ago I got into a project to print glass plate negs on Studio
Proof paper.  Not wanting the risk/expense of using old contact print
frames, I made my own.

I used 1/8" plate glass cut to 8x10.  The back was made of two pieces
of masonite hinged with gaffer tape. Since I was doing POP I needed a
split back to check the exposure.

To keep the blood from staining the paper, I covered the edges of the
glass with aluminum tape used to patch mufflers.  The same tape held
the sandwich during exposure.  I created a mask out of thin strips of
wood to keep the margin of the paper (5x7 plates on 8x10 paper).  For a
cushion I used white felt from the fabric store, stuck it down with 3M
Adhesive 77.  The total cost for one of the printers was less than $5
and I made 8 I think.