[LargeFormat] [Fwd: Coupeville Arts Center question]

Dale Dickerson largeformat@f32.net
Mon Sep 8 23:02:25 2003

May I suggest "camera work using the right side of the brain"? (Remember
the image is upside down.) This means the brain must interact
differently with the visual image. View camera's real strength in
learning to compose photographic images is not the slower working speed
nor the cost per image, rather the camera work done in a world of upside
down imaging. It unlocks the mystic interworkings of the two side of the
brain. It release the subconscious levels different than viewing an
image up right. Much as "Drawing of the Right side of the Brain" does in
drawing, the view camera is to photography.  A course can be offered
around the theme. The focus is on tech stuff and dig deeper into the
self, how we see, select and pre-visualized while doing our camera work.

Dale