[LargeFormat] how short is a rail

Brock Nanson largeformat@f32.net
Thu Sep 4 16:25:46 2003

That was my first though too, when I read the first post!  I can, however,
confirm that the 6 inch rail will work with a 90mm and a bag bellows.
This was my 'compact' travel arrangement a few years back when I hauled
the gear through the south pacific.  You do need to be careful about
ensuring the standard doesn't fall off the end of the rail that would
normally be afixed to the main rail.  But it can be done.  Ah yes, my
Sinar is a basic 'F' - that might be important as I don't know if the
tripod block changed with the models.

Brock