[LargeFormat] Double Protar Lens

LNphoto largeformat@f32.net
Mon Sep 1 19:37:56 2003

> It does seem as though it'll fit front mounted on a Betax #5 shutter
> so I may get around to making a sleeve up for it..... In any case, the
> new Bausch and Lomb lens may be a direct fit in the Ross barrel so
> there could be a few more focal lengths available.

Here's another option.....

My C set came in it's original case which wouldn't allow for a shutter.
  If I had the lens put into a shutter I'd lose the ability to use the
case....

My solution was to have Steve Grimes make up one of his patented O ring
filter adapters, but instead of thread to a filter it threads to the
back of an Alphax shutter (from a useless Oscillo raptar).  I normally
shoot with a packard, but when I want half assed accuracy, I can slip
the shutter on like a filter, in the front.  The shutter blades are
nearly up against the front element so there's no vignetting.  I keep
this in a leather case  a bit bigger than a chewing tobacco tin.