[LargeFormat] B-I-G enlarger on eBay

Guy Glorieux largeformat@f32.net
Sun Aug 24 08:34:39 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Clive Warren"

> That's a Kamm chassis with an 8x10 Chromega F Dichroic head - without
> looking at the auction details! Exactly the same as mine, together
> with exhaust fan.
>
> It is a great piece of kit - one handle wheel raises and lowers the
> head, the other is for moving the lens standard for focusing. Each
> wheel has a locking device - after a bit of practice you can use your
> knee to hold the unlocked wheel when making coarse adjustments.

Very much like the De Vere set up.  I wonder who was first to design
this kind of set-up to move the head and lens from the baseboard.  A
really clever system which I thought was unique to De Vere...  Actually,
there was a floor standing DeVere 8X10 for sale on Ebay (UK) a couple of
weeks ago.  The seller indicated he would ship the enlarger free within
a specified distance in England.  Didn't check for how much the enlarger
went for.

I've got a 504 floor standing model and I've never tried the "knee"
thing you mention, Clive.

Seems like an interesting bit of body exercise in the
rkroom...   -:!))

Best regards,

Guy