[LargeFormat] A Ban on Whaling

Karl Wolz largeformat@f32.net
Mon Jul 21 22:09:17 2003

Clive,

Work?  Whuzzat?

602-616-1802 Cell
602-253-0656 Kinda sorta work - odd hours

You may call me anytime you like - same goes for others on the list,
though not collect from across either of the two ponds!

Karl

-----Original Message-----
From: largeformat-admin@f32.net [mailto:largeformat-admin@f32.net] On
Behalf Of Clive Warren
Sent: Monday, July 21, 2003 5:27 PM
To: largeformat@f32.net
Subject: Re: [LargeFormat] A Ban on Whaling

At 07:14 22/07/2003 +0800, rstein wrote:
>Dear Friends,
>
>      I'm afraid I am reponsible for the current mild undercurrent of
>ill-feeling. I'm so proud....
>
>      NO NO NO. I really meant to say, I'm sorry. This wasn't a Guild
matter
snip

I haven't read all of the thread but I think we all need to get together

for a pint or three. Could be an entertaining evening :-)

Someone mentioned jest fest - well this is exactly what it was and all
part
of the fun of the list.

On a slightly related subject, thanks for all of the useful tips and
offers
on travel to the US - I have been trying to sort the logistics for
taking
the role of cultural ambassador. It is looking unlikely that I will make
it
over in the next couple of months. The usual pressures of running a
company
- trying to grab some personal time is a challenge for the first four
years
so they say.....

The idea of heading up the coast road from LA to SF was really getting
me
going there for a while. It was about 12 years ago that I picked up an
old
Mercury in SF and cruised down the other way. Incredible scenery and
plenty
of photo opportunities along the way.

Talking of cruising and roads, I had a great photo in mind on the last
road
trip and travelled the length of what remains of Highway 61 in the South

West together with a lot of 4x5 film. Some vandals had resurfaced the
whole
length of it - the decades of tar painted repairs have gone forever
along
with the photo......

Karl - I ended up pretty close to you on that trip but on a weekend in
your
neck of the woods and only had your work number. Maybe next time.....
'