[LargeFormat] Summer in the City

Dan Kalish largeformat@f32.net
Tue Jul 15 12:35:28 2003

I'm not the moderator but I think this thread is on topic in the very
narrow sense of "comparisons between large format and other formats."  Most
of us have previously used and continue to use other formats.

I used 35mm SLR exclusively for about 25 years: a year ago I started to use
medium format and now large format.  Precisely because large format is so
bulky, 35mm is appealing for snapshots.  I should keep a 35mm kit (I have
three) in the car.  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NikonMF/message/31314

In medium format, I use a Rollei SL66.  It uses bellows and has limited
movement of the lens with respect to the film plane.  Very limited.

BTW, the LF pictures I took at Queensboro Plaza were ruined: I reused the
film pack. :-(  How do you learn from mistakes if you don't make them?

Dan