[LargeFormat] Summer in the City

Jim Hemenway largeformat@f32.net
Tue Jul 15 09:10:02 2003

Hi Phil:

I haven't noticed flare in strong sun except when I'm shooting into it
or just barely into it, at least no more than with most other lenses.
Leica glass is a good exception... but then again I've never liked the
flat, low contrast photos that I get in those lighting conditions.

Evidently the tiny Minox 35mm cameras came with Minotar and in later
models, Minoxar lenses.  I don't know anything about the latter lenses
which may or may not be more flare prone than the former.

The real pros for this camera is that you can get sharp, clear pictures
with a camera that can be carried in your shirt pocket.  It's smaller
that a package of cigarettes, aka fags, in the old country.

--

Jim - http://www.hemenway.com