[LargeFormat] DOT: Don't try and fence those lenses on ebay

Frank Filippone largeformat@f32.net
Mon Jul 7 13:35:03 2003

I have been buying and selling mail order for 35+ years.  I have never
knowingly bought from anyone that appeared ignorant in the merchandise he
was selling, and thus suspicious, until Ebay came along.  The guys selling
stuff are just plain ignorant in many cases.   That makes me more nervous
than before.   Is some of the stuff on Ebay hot?  You bet.  Can you tell
which and therefore avoid it?  Not really, but it helps to buy from people
that sell a lot of the same kind of stuff.  However even those people could
be unawaringly selling hot stuff.  You just buy what you want and try to
avoid the obvious stupid deals.....

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net