[LargeFormat] question on some enlarging lenses

William Wiseman largeformat@f32.net
Sun Jul 6 10:22:01 2003

> The Comparon was a cheaper version of the Componon.  You could try out
> both
> lenses and see if one was adequate, but buying a used modern enlarging
> lens
> should not be expensive given that 5x4 stuff is getting cheaper as
> professionals move to digital. Some people enlarge with the camera's
> lens.
> . PL

I was hoping that there might be someone  who had actually used one of
these. Some other low-budget operator. :-) What little bit I do know
about the S-K Componar 150 is it is a 4E/3G design and the serial #
would place it being made in late 1973. I tried it on my enlarger, in
the wrong lens cone, just to check the illumination and it seems pretty
good with maybe a 1/3 stop drop in the corners. So, I think I may give
this a try since I don't plan on making huge enlargements.

Thanks.

JeffW.