[LargeFormat] Problems with Polaroid back 545i

Richard Knoppow largeformat@f32.net
Sat Jul 5 17:48:48 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dan Kalish" <kaliushkin@postoffice.worldnet.att.net>
To: <largeformat@f32.net>
Cc: "Dan Kalish" <kaliushkin@postoffice.worldnet.att.net>
Sent: Saturday, July 05, 2003 12:52 PM
Subject: [LargeFormat] Problems with Polaroid back 545i

> I have a problem with the 545i Polaroid film holder. I've
never used one
> before, so I may be doing it wrong. I insert the
film+envelope as far as it
> goes, and then pull it out. It doesn't catch so I'm
pulling out the
> film+envelope, not just the envelope. I've tried this with
the film holder
> in the camera back and with the film holder just loose.
>
> Any ideas on how to insert the f+e so it catches?
>
> BTW, I had been using a 504 (405?) adapter on my Graphic
View II and Linhof
> Kardan M. It did not work on the Gandolfi Variant I: light
leaked in. So
> these film backs aren't universal.
>
> Anyway, I'd appreciate any insight into the film insertion
technique.

> Dan

  Sometimes the metal end comes off an envelope and gets
stuck in the catch. Look at the end of the adaptor and see
if that has happened. Getting it out may be simple or you
may have to disassemble the holder. This is not a big deal.
Polaroid has instructions on its web site and I think there
is still an illustration on Steve Grimes site at
http://www.skgrimes.com
---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA