[LargeFormat] Problems with Polaroid back 545i

Dan Kalish largeformat@f32.net
Sat Jul 5 15:54:27 2003

I have a problem with the 545i Polaroid film holder. I've never used one
before, so I may be doing it wrong. I insert the film+envelope as far as it
goes, and then pull it out. It doesn't catch so I'm pulling out the
film+envelope, not just the envelope. I've tried this with the film holder
in the camera back and with the film holder just loose.

Any ideas on how to insert the f+e so it catches?

BTW, I had been using a 504 (405?) adapter on my Graphic View II and Linhof
Kardan M. It did not work on the Gandolfi Variant I: light leaked in. So
these film backs aren't universal.

Anyway, I'd appreciate any insight into the film insertion technique.

Dan