[LargeFormat] Bob Shell

Dan Kalish largeformat@f32.net
Thu Jun 26 11:55:08 2003

http://www.stutterheim.nl/rollei/faq.html

Marc Small is the moderator of that listserv.  He's also moderator of a
Leica listserv (LUG).

Bob Shell is a major contributor to RUG.

Ironically, I unsubscribed from RUG, just a few days ago, because my
emphasis shifted from medium format (Rollei SL66) to large format.

Bob's own site and newsgroups seem to be managing fine in his absence.
http://www.beststuff.com/forum/index.php?f=3

All of these newsgroups/listservs carry information about Shell's case.

Dan K.

I called it a high-profile case.  Having worked for a Judge and monitoring,
shall we say public relations, most cases never make it past the police
blotter in the local paper.  I'd say having at least one article in the
local paper makes it high profile.  The significance of it being "high
profile" is  that in addition to the courtroom proceedings, a background
battle is waged in the media.  The D.A. is playing to the media using
inflammatory accusations and then using innuendos to justify no bail.  If
it weren't for unsupported implications of murder, Shell would be out on
bail.  Also, an attorney may gain fame for handling a high profile case,
but he/she loses money.

Dan K.