[LargeFormat] Majestic Tripods (was Re: Biggest is Best Maybe?)

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Wed Jun 25 20:56:53 2003

At 20:04 25/06/2003 -0400, Jim Hemenway wrote:
>Ok, 20s or 30s.  I guess that's why the prospect a moving a 20x24 off
>into the woods doesn't appeal to me at age 61.
>
>I joke with people who ask me when I'm out with the 11x14, that there
>are no good photographs more than 100 feet from the car but actually I'm
>good for walking about 10 minutes with it, an LL Bean bag with three
>film holders, etc., and the Majestic tripod.

Jim,

Which Majestic tripod do you use?  There are three of the beasts here,
various models. The largest one went for an outing the other day with a 5x7
monorail. After mounting the camera on the tripod I tried slinging it
across my shoulder - boy was that a mistake :-)

Will be working out over the next few weeks so I can use the thing........

The smallest Majestic is a great tripod but does need to have some slack
taken up in the worm drive for the tilting mechanism. Great thing about the
Majestics is that they are so agricultural they can always be engineered
back into life.