[LargeFormat] Biggest is Best Maybe?

Huib Smeets largeformat@f32.net
Wed Jun 25 13:54:42 2003

Hi Rich,

maybe this is the ultimate reason to hop over the UK (London area),
according to the Linhof&Studio website it can be rented!

http://www.linhofstudio.com/rent.htm

Huib

-----Original Message-----
From: largeformat-admin@f32.net [mailto:largeformat-admin@f32.net]On
Behalf Of tripspud
Sent: woensdag 25 juni 2003 16:16
To: largeformat@f32.net
Subject: [LargeFormat] Biggest is Best Maybe?

Hi folks!

      It's big, too bad one can't rent it, but even that would
surely be costly:

http://www.lotusviewcamera.at/lovica_20x24_e.html

       I have trouble imagining the mamouth size of
a 20x24" film holder.  Like pulling it out is four feet
from the top of the slide to the bottom of the holder.
Well, they say their cart system allows single person
setup and operation.  It looks like it would fit in
a taxi folded up.  The 12 volt motor helps operation.
I don't know if this model can be removed from it's
platform dolly and used on a big Ries tripod but if
it does that would be a plus.  Modern cameras in
this biggest of the big are rare.  The more reasonable,
the money, alternative would surely be an older 20x24
view camera from the turn of century that could be
restored.  I think Bergger's the only film in 20x24.

Cheers,

Rich Lahrson
Berkeley, California
tripspud@transbay.net