[LargeFormat] How to pay German shops

philip lambert largeformat@f32.net
Thu Jun 19 11:31:01 2003

I sold something to an overseas buyer who paid me by Western Union transfer.
I had to take my passport and the Western Union document to a nearby travel
agent who dealt with Western Union and I was handed cash. I then sent off
the item I had sold. Maybe you could buy from Germany this way. PL

 Most German sellers seem to have an antiquated view of financial
transactions. I've had to arrange direct bank transfers in the past which
take an age to complete - my bank tells me its the german banking system
that holds things up. Why they wont take credit card payments or paypal is
beyond me.