[LargeFormat] Intro & Teaching Camera Advice

Jonathan Taylor largeformat@f32.net
Thu Jun 19 10:18:52 2003

Stuart Phillips commented:

> I'm not sure I would have a 210mm as my only lens. Maybe a 150mm.

Originally that is what I had chosen (a Nikon W series), but the Rodenstock
has better coverage and was available used-- and I really wanted a wide
angle (90mm). So I figured I'd get something on the long side of normal plus
the wide angle. The problem is that I'm already way over what I had planned
to spend on view camera stuff. I am working with a larger pot of money, but
if I spend more on the LF rig I'm going to have to cut something else out,
like the Coolscan, rangefinder cameras, D100, or new 35mm lenses. Tough
choices!