[LargeFormat] Intro & Teaching Camera Advice

tOM Trottier largeformat@f32.net
Thu Jun 19 01:45:36 2003

On Thursday, June 19, 2003 at 1:30
Jonathan Taylor <largeformat@f32.net> wrote:

> 4 Fidelity 4x5 Sheet Film Holders (Twin Pack)                 42.95   171.80
>   >>>Not enough of these, right?<<<
> 1 Fidelity Dark Slide (Plastic) for 4x5 Sheet Film Holder     12.95    12.95
>   >>>Do I need this?<<<

4 holders is likely not enough. At least buy 5 so you can load up a full packet
of 10 sheets. Perhaps some store has a deal with multi-holders and a case made
for them? All holders will already come with dark slides

A changing bag would be useful for the field too.

You might also think of an exposure meter for the ground glass - very useful
for spot metering or close ups (less than 2 metres).

I'd suggest you contact local photo studios to see if they're selling their
film stuff cheap as they go to digital, and keep an eye on auction notices.

Don't forget an enlarger!

tOM
---------
2003 Jun 28-30 in Ottawa:
http://www.CanadianCameraConference.ca
tOM Trottier,	ICQ:57647974	http://abacurial.com
	758 Albert St, Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7V8
	+1 613 860-6633 fax:+1-270-596-1042 N45.412 W75.714
"The moment one gives close attention to anything,
even a blade of grass, it becomes a mysterious,
awesome, indescribably magnificent world in itself --
Henry Miller, 1891-1980