[LargeFormat] film holder question

Vincent Dobson largeformat@f32.net
Wed Jun 11 21:08:38 2003

I simply don't close the slides all the way - or you could and not turn the
locking lever - but since these can get bumped and move on their own ?  I
keep my holders in 1 gallon zip lock bags (freezer type is stronger) - 5 to
a bag - old bags if they are unloaded or waiting to process. I put them in
new bags when they are loaded.  I use 3/4 round (removable) labels on the
top of the holder - color coded for different type films.  They are large
enough to make a small note - like push 1, pull 2 etc.  All of my holders
are numbered - I usually shoot both sides of the holder - same shot - same
exposure.  I develop all of the "A" sides first then judge if it is
necessary to adjust development time on the other side to get a good
negative.  If it is dead on, I have a good back-up negative.

OoPs --- guess that might be more info than you asked for?

Vince Dobson
Visions In Nature
www.VisionsInNature.com