[LargeFormat] Backpackable 4x5

Huib Smeets largeformat@f32.net
Mon Jun 9 06:22:04 2003

Benno,

Not to make this a religious thing, but yes, as a previous monorail lugger I
can testify that the Linhof TKS45s is
a good hybrid between a field and studio camera. For pure field-use a
folding field camera's would be good, but if you want/need some extra
movements the TK45s is a good choice. No it is not as rigid as a Sinar P2.

I sold my monorail in favor of the TK45s. Moneywise is was a big leap
forward, but I have never regretted it, rather a USD 2500 camera strapped to
my back :-) getting some fair use than a USD 500 camera sitting in the
closet :-).

If you ever would consider to buy a TK45s also get the reflex-viewer, since
the moment I own one I left my darkcloth and magnifier at home. It's much
more convenient in field use as you have two free hands to operate the
camera (e.g. lefthand doing some tilt on the lens and right hand adjusting
focus simultanious).

Huib