[LargeFormat] Member intro and reversal film recommendation

Ronald Schilling largeformat@f32.net
Sat Jun 7 12:32:00 2003

Hello everyone,

My name is Ronald Schilling and I am getting back into large format
after about 16 years. Since I didn't do a lot with LF back then, I
consider myself a beginner.

I have a Calumet 4x5 monorail with a 150 mm Caltar-II lens both
purchased in 1985. I can't afford any other lenses right now but hope to
get a wide angle lens in the future.

At the end of the month I'm going camping in Western Maryland and I'm
going to take the 4x5 along. I want to shoot some reversal film and I
would like your opinion about what type I should use. I have been
thinking about Kodak E100G, E100VS or Fuji Provia 100f (because of its
wider range of exposure time without correction). I don't have any
specific shots or times of day in mind although early morning and around
sunset will probably be the best.

Also, should I use any UV filter for altitude? (2500 to 3000 feet)

Ron