[LargeFormat] Dagor77 (Was cult lenses)

Tim Atherton largeformat@f32.net
Wed Jun 4 15:40:52 2003

>   The Wide Angle Dagors made by Goerz American were f/8. I
> think some early ones may have been f/9. Those made by Zeiss
> were f/9. These have larger coverage than the standard
> Dagor, but not by a lot. Goerz claims the Dagor has 87
> degrees coverage at f/45. I think the claim for the WA Dagor
> is about 100 degrees.

My little Goerz booklet here claims for the WA:

F8 70º

F22 80º

f45 100º

tim

PS - do you want the jpegs for the brochure? I found it on the internet
somewhere - 4 pages - it's worth it for the most unappealing B&W picture of
what looks like pork chops and eggs in little mashed potato cones adorning
the cover... how they ever thought that would sell lenses  :-)