[LargeFormat] cult lenses

Richard Knoppow largeformat@f32.net
Wed Jun 4 04:22:23 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ole Tjugen" <oftjugen@online.no>
To: <largeformat@f32.net>
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2003 11:32 PM
Subject: RE: [LargeFormat] cult lenses

I'm using all Schneider on the 5x7": 121mm SA, 180mm, 210mm
and 300mm Xenar,
and a 360mm tele-Xenar.

On the 4x5" I use 90mm and 120mm Angulon, 150mm APO-Lanthar,
150mm Heliar,
150mm Symmar in addition to all of the above (except the
300mm/f:4.5, which is
to big for the lens board).

A friend has two old 14cm Zeiss Protars for sale...

 Can you tell any difference between the Heliar and
Apo-Lanthar?
 Are the Protars two 14" cells? If so they will combine to
about a 6.5 inch lens operating at f/6.3. My Convertible
Protar is triple convertible, about 175mm combined. A good
focal length for general use with 4x5 but covers nearly an
8x10. I keep it with my 5x7 Agfa/Ansco camera.
  The single cells are f/12.5 when operated behind the stop.
When in front they are slighly faster due to the
magnification of the stop by the lens (true of all
convertibles).
---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA