[LargeFormat] Linhof Color

philip lambert largeformat@f32.net
Wed Jun 4 02:23:19 2003

>   One way to get some movement with cameras like the Speed
> Graphic is have an off-center lens board. The board can be
> inserted to give the equivalent of some rise-fall or side
> shift. Of course, you must move the lens from the standard
> board to the off-center one when you want to use it, and the
> shift is fixed.
>    The Speed or Crown Graphic works well with wide angle
> lenses because the minimum bellows depth is very small.
> However, the cameras have very limited movement even with
> standard focal length lenses.
> ---
> Richard Knoppow
Quite so and if the lensboard can be fitted the other way up you get drop
front. However on the 2x3 Century Graphic the lensboard is so small that no
useful offset is possible and the most I could do was to make a sunken
lensboard out of plywood that enabled me to recess the shutter slightly into
the board. The limiting factor was always the cable release socket becoming
inaccessible.  I think some small Super Angulons have an angled cable socket
for this reason. Or maybe that's the flash socket.   Philip