[LargeFormat] cult lenses

Ole Tjugen largeformat@f32.net
Mon Jun 2 13:22:30 2003

One of the attractions of these lenses seem to be that they were produces in English-speaking countries (apologies to the English). The
Goerz lenses were originally Greman, but the "cult" seems to be all US-produced. Same for Dallmeyer, and I think Wollensaek as well.

In one of the forums someone told me not to wory about overpriced German lenses and buy inexpensive American instead. I checked the
prices of his suggestions, and bouhgt myself an APO-Lanthar (another "cult" lens, but German) at half the price. I have bought a lens from
Dagor77, but that was a Xenar - glass only. Very reasonable price, since it wasn't a Goerz...

Ole Tj