[LargeFormat] Polaroid film/ My first photos

Peter De Smidt largeformat@f32.net
Fri May 23 23:16:05 2003

>     In the studio I have resorted to a Linhof right angle
> viewer  - picked
> up secondhand unused by someone who had no idea what it was. It is a
> godsend.
>
>      Uncle Dick

You have to be careful with right angle viewers, especially if they're
heavy.  My Sinar reflex binocular viewer was heavy enough to change
the plane of my Sinar A1 back.  Since this is very similar to an f or
F2, I'd be leary of using the Sinar viewer with them.  The viewer
really works best with the heavyweight Sinar P.  Another suggestion
for Sinar viewing in the field is to buy the plastic frames for the
Sinar bag bellows. The frames are available at a reasonable price.
You can than attach the frames to any type of cloth doohicky that
you'd like. Your makeshift viewer will then mount onto the back of a
Sinar in the normal way.  In fact, I made my own bag bellows this way.
It was easy, cheap, and worked as well as the very expensive Sinar bag
bellows. In fact, mine worked better for my purposes, as I built it
long enough to use with a 210 lens.

-Peter