[LargeFormat] Polaroid film

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Thu May 22 07:52:01 2003

At 22:23 21/05/2003 -0700, tripspud wrote:
>Hi Becky!
>
>       For the PN film, you need a 'slush' bucket for the sodium
>solfite solution.  I see them occassionally on the eBay for $20 to
>$30.  Or you can DYI it.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Rich Lahrson

You can also be clever and remove the Type 55 packet from the holder after
taking your shot without processing. Just press the release button and
withdraw the whole caboodle. You can then clear the neg after processing
back at home after the shoot with sodium sulphite solution.

The type 55 negs are rather wonderful - great contrast and very little
grain. They are however on a very thin base so you have to be a little
careful in printing as they will flap around in your neg holder if you are
not using glass carriers.

Here's a link to a type 55 that won the British Institute of Professional
Photography - International Photographic Awards, Polaroid Category in 2002.

http://www.f32.net/cgi-local/discus/show.cgi?tpc=13&post=409#POST409

In the discussion is another link to a higher res version.