[LargeFormat] Compund Shutters

Les Newcomer largeformat@f32.net
Tue May 20 09:20:03 2003

I've looked under the hood a couple of times, but if your intending to
send me a bag of parts in hopes of putting Humpty  back together then
you've got the wrong guy.

Not that this is news to you, but the gear train usually found on the
right side of say a Graphex is replaced by a rather simple compression
system for the low gears and a smaller train for speeds above 1/25
hence the term compound.  The dial at the top moves the cylinder
position for the slow speeds and cuts it out of the circuit at the
higher ones.

Les