[LargeFormat] S Angulon

philip.lambert largeformat@f32.net
Mon Apr 7 07:58:12 2003

As to the weight of lenses, the f8 90mm SA weighs 390gm, little more than
half the 90mm f5.6. Interestingly the 75mm f5.6 only weighs 380gm so maybe
this is a suitable replacement for my 90mm f8.  Let's see what the Ebay
price gets up to.     The edge sharpness and illumination of these 5x4
lenses is unlikely to cause a problem on a 6x9 negative, even with the
unexpectedly large movements on my Gandolfi. What takes more getting used to
is that loosening the knobs to adjust rise also affects front/rear tilt
unless you watch out.   Still, compared with my former monorails there is no
rail-clamp to move between or behind the standards when you change from
wideangle to long lenses.
PL