[LargeFormat] Real men & women only shoot 11x14

Ken Sinclair largeformat@f32.net
Fri Apr 4 03:55:26 2003

Les,

Strangely enough, some 50 years ago,I was taught to focus using the
rear/film standard.

The reasoning being that focussing with the lens standard changed the lens
to subject distance.... and hence magnification. Even to-day, with my
ageing eyes, it still seems to be an "easier" way to bring focus into "snap"

Ken

>I stopped at 8x10, my arms weren't long enough for 11x14!  I couldn't
>look at the ground glass  and focus the lens standard at the same time,
>and THAT leg on the tripod always got me running back and forth!
>
>Les

 [||/\/\/\/\//\/||        Ken Sinclair RBP, FBPA.
 [||                            ||-|    Applied Photographic Services
 [||                            ||   |  Lethbridge,
 [||                            ||   |  Alberta, Canada,
 [||                            ||-|   (403) 381-1654.
 [||\/\/\/\//\/\||       photo1@telusplanet.net