[LargeFormat] Some simple lens coverage tests with paper negatives

Jim Hemenway largeformat@f32.net
Sat Mar 22 21:40:15 2003

Hi:

These are not meant to be artsy photographs... just some tests for the
coverage of various lenses, including process lenses, on the 11x14
format.

The 210 Geronar and the 305 APO-Kyvytar show obvious vignetting, will be
okay on 8x10.

The 300mm APL Ronar CL didn't vignette but the corners are blurry, will
probably be okay on 11x14.

The 420mm APO Ronar CL has much less blurry corners at small f-stops
although f90 isn't that good.

The 23 1/4 Protar used with both cells focuses at about 340mm.

The Protarlinse which came with my 8x10 and which focuses at about 310mm
with both cells, vignettes. I didn't test it with the 41cm or 59cm
cells.

http://www.hemenway.com/lens_coverage

--

Jim - http://www.hemenway.com