[LargeFormat] short lens on a Durst 138s

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Thu Mar 20 21:14:26 2003

At 00:01 21/03/2003 +0100, Alex Le Heux wrote:
>Does any of the wise old man on this mailinglist know what the shortest
>focal length lens is one can still use on a Durst 138S without a
>sunken lensboard?
>
>Cheerio,
>
>Alex

Alex,

I may not be wise but am certainly feeling my age this morning......

 From memory, 80mm is about the limit before the bellows become a little
too bound for comfort. When printing 6x7cm the 135mm lens sometimes has an
outing. There is a DeVere 504 set up for medium format in the darkroom but
I do prefer using the Durst. When time allows will try to remember to check
out the lenses on the 138S unless someone else gets back to you before my
work schedule relaxes!

The house is looking like an equipment dump at the moment - am currently
clearing a large garage to become a new
darkroom with the idea of running B&W workshops. As though another project
is really needed at the moment!

The sunken lensboards seem to have a high value and are not easily found.
If you keep your eyes open they do come up on Ebay from time to time and
are a useful accessory to have around for MF work.