[LargeFormat] UK Spring Large Format Workshop: May 2003 - Update

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Mon Mar 10 08:21:07 2003

Final arrangements for the f32.net Spring Workshop are in place and
we are looking forward to putting some names to faces from those who
have already booked their places. The workshop takes place in
Tintern, South Wales on May 8th to 11th 2003.

We have changed the format slightly in that the portraiture day has
been split with an afternoon session on introduction to digital post
production. Using the excellent facilities at Abbey House Studios,
participants will learn the basics of scanning and manipulating large
format images for later output to a wet print process.

The digital seminar on the workshop will also introduce the concepts
of colour management and profiling, continuous ink jet inking systems
and how to get fabulous (and archival) output from consumer inkjets
on a range of papers.

Demonstrations of top-tips in Photoshop 7.0. How to get nearly 8
stops out of one Velvia trannie with a few keystrokes and other
'must-have' pro secrets, how to use USM properly, channel operations,
masks and a demonstration of an amazing cut-out program.

It has been mentioned last week that Cooke Optics have very kindly
lent f32.net one of their new PS945 Soft Focus lenses for
demonstration use during the workshop. A great opportunity to check
out the lens first hand.

We will of course have at least two Ebony demonstrator cameras,
including the new Ebony RW45E.

Full details and links to the booking form on the workshop web page
at the following URL:

http://www.f32.net/f32WorkShops/workshop52003_uk.html

The nationwide advertising will appear in photographic magazines next
week, so book now to assure your place!