[LargeFormat] Import duty and VAT on Ebay purchases

Les Newcomer largeformat@f32.net
Thu Mar 6 16:18:05 2003

I understand about the GST and VAT. And if Duty was consistant between
what I get into when I go (South) into Canada, I could argue that most of
my purchases fell into the antique catagory, and therefore duty free.  ( A
friend bought a  1928 boat in London, Ont. The boat got in duty free, but
had to pay duty on the trailer)
But I didn't see how I got away with a 3kg package of new knives,
identical to the ones in the mall stores and not pay any Duty.

I even researched the idea at the website....got totally confused.  I
figured it was going to be about 4-6% on the $200.00 purchase.