[LargeFormat] Elgeet Update

tripspud largeformat@f32.net
Tue Mar 4 00:56:41 2003

Hi Alan,

     If you can darken and enclose a small area from inside a window
and point the lens at the great outside, it's relatively easy to see the

full image circle, particularly with large format lenses.  Simply
measure
the image circle to gain a rough idea.

     I'd be interested in the size of the image circle as I'm
considering
getting a similar focal length and speed lens for my 5x7 Seneca.

     I'm also considering having the third lens board that I've got
setup with a Packard shutter.  I've never had one of these.  My
lens boards are 4 inch square.  Is that large enough?  What sizes
do these type shutters come in?  What should I look for or ask about
when considering buying?  Can different barrel lenses be attached
and interchanged conviently?

     Alan, I guess since you'll be testing the window thing might not be

necessary.  But it's easy to see.

Thanks all!

Rich Lahrson
Berkeley, California